Steve Edwards and I Talk Mule Rambling, Saddles and Hoof Boots
Had a great online chat today with Steve Edwards about some of my long distance rides. Steve is the owner of Queen Valley Mule Ranch. In addition to be being a great saddle maker (I used one of his saddles on my latest mule voyage) he sure knows his mule. A few of the topics we discussed are:
- Disastery to Mastery : finding the balance between just taking off with your horse or mule or waiting until you know it all
- 6,000 Miles, 2 Saddles: explaining the voyage of how I got to the saddle that I use (spoiler alert: it’s one of Steve’s Trail Lite saddles. You can read the review right here.)
- 10,000 Barefoot Mule Miles: discussing my experience with hoof boots on long distant rides, especially with barefoot mules
- Forage on the Hoof: showing you the ways I kept my mules fed on my unsupported long distance trips
Steve and I had a lot of fun talking about all this. Big thanks to:
- Steve Edwards of Queen Valley Mule Ranch for reaching out to me for a chat
- Dave Shrein of The Blocks Agency for hosting our talk
- Carlos Sandovos for lining all this up
New Book Update and Newsletter
I’m about a week away from finishing the first draft of the new book about my mule journey from North Carolina to Idaho. It’s weighing in at a whopping 300,000 words and I’m thrilled with how it’s coming out. I’m especially proud of how I’ve captured the feel of what it’s like to travel months on end through American with my mules. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
If you’d like to know when the book comes out, please sign up for the newsletter. You can do so right here.
Leave a Reply